Jamie, Samantha, Bentlee and TaTum

Jamie, Samantha, Bentlee and TaTum

Sunday, July 13, 2014

It's a "BOY"

So I haven't blogged in a really long time, but I want to write down my birth story for journal purposes.  So I was scheduled for induction on May 27th the hospital informed me that they could call as early as 5 am.  I wasn't holding my breath to get called that early due to the fact I was fifth on the list for induction.  The night before we took the girls to Enterprise to stay with my mom so me and Jamie could have a relaxing night and day together before the baby came.  We ended up staying up late watching movies and talking and then the next day we slept in and got up went and ate breakfast at Black Bear Diner.  After a late breakfast/lunch it was almost noon I called the hospital to see what the day was looking like and of course she informed me that they were having one of their busiest days of the year.  Hopefully they could get me in sometime around five. So after brunch we decided to go to a movie (spiderman).  After the movie it was almost six so I called again---(yes I was really starting to feel annoying, but I just wanted to know if I would even get in for the day.)  They said I was next on the list and hopefully they would be calling later that night around like 10-11..  By this point I was exhausted and extremely anxious. We decided to go to Texas Road House and have a yummy dinner.  Right when we got back to the house around 9 ish the hospital called and we were finally given the OK to go in.  We got to the hospital around 10 and they started the checking in process got me all hooked up and then started pitocin around midnight. I was registering contractions from the get go about three minutes apart, but could not feel a thing.  And to my surprise I was still only dilated to a one...not... I wasn't surprised at all...my body doesn't ever seem to want the baby out until my water breaks.  So I tried to sleep a little and around 3 the doctor came in and broke my water.  At that time I was dilated to a three and 80% thinned.  He had a hard time breaking my water bag due to it wanting to keep floating back up.  But once he broke it I finally could feel contractions.  They were not to bad, but I was planning on having an epidural so why wait for them to get horrible.  So at around 4:30 I got my amazing epidural.  It didn't hurt at all and I finally got some sleep.  At around 6:30 they came and checked me and I was only a five...really usually with my other three once my water was broke I went within the hour.  Well this little boy had different ideas he was wedged up in my upper right rib cage and would not drop to engage his head for nothing.  So they increased pitocin. For some reason I could feel and move my right leg the epidural wasn't working on that side.  I think it was because he was tucked so tight on my right side that it wasn't flowing well over there, because the second he dropped I numbed right up and felt awesome again.  Around ten they came in and checked again and he had finally dropped and things were moving quick I was actually at an eight.  At 11:30 they came and checked again and I was ready to push my boy out.  They did all the prepping got me in position and then draped the blanket on me.  Right as she did that I swore I felt his head come out.  About three minutes later Dr. Chalmers lifted the blanket and said... Oh wow babies head is out don't push he gave a little tug and at 12:00 PM my little boy entered the world.  He was perfect in every way and looked so huge.  He was 21 1/2 inches and exactly 8 pounds.  I was a little surprised he seemed bigger.  They placed him right on my chest and at this point he still had not made a sound he just nestled right up to my chest and peed on me funniest thing ever.  I had always heard of boys peeing on you, but did not expect it that quickly.  While he was laying on me they rubbed his back to try to get him to cry and finally he let out a little screech, but that was about it for sounds from him.  He then nestled right up to me and peed on me again I was laughing so hard tears were coming down my eyes.  He laid on me for about 45 minutes until I finally let them take him to get measurements and give him a once over.  They had him for about five minutes if that and brought him right back to me.  He then when right to the booby and ate on both sides for about an hour until he was done.  I finally let them take him to get him all cleaned up and that is when we finally got to hear him cry for the first time.  And even then he cried for all of one minute. Our little Becket Kemper Rogers was born on May 28th 2014.  He is perfect and I love everything about him.  I was a little nervous about the boy thing, but I love my little man more than words can explain.  He is a great baby, very rarely cries and I just couldn't be more blessed.  My mom took birth pictures I will add them on here when I get them all from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment